Wendy Krebs, DVM, Shareholder
<< Return to Our Vets and Staff page
Dr. Wendy Krebs joined Bend Equine Medical Center in 2002 and became a shareholder in 2008.
Originally from the Wilson and Canby area of Oregon, she has owned and shown horses since childhood. This early exposure and experience with horses are, in large part, what inspired her to become an equine veterinarian.
Dr. Krebs graduated from the University of Oregon with a degree in biology and a minor in biochemistry. After earning her dual DVM degrees from Oregon State University and Washington State University, she completed a 12-month postgraduate internship in equine surgery, internal medicine, reproduction, and dentistry at BEMC in 2003. She then completed a four-year American College of Veterinary Surgeons surgical residence program at BEMC.
An active horse owner, she currently trains and competes her Welsh Cob/Warmblood-cross gelding, Jose, in dressage.
Dr. Krebs enjoys travel, almost any outdoor activity, and cooking. She lives on her family farm, Copper Moon Ranch, in Tumalo, with her husband, Brant, and their children, Finn and Aven. They raise hay, horses, steers, pigs, chickens, and turkeys.
- BS in Biology, minor in Biochemistry, University of Oregon (1997)
- DVM, Oregon State University College of Veterinary Medicine (2002)
- DVM, Magna Cum Laude, Washington State University College of Veterinary Medicine (2002)
- Internship in equine surgery, internal medicine, reproduction, and dentistry (BEMC 2003)
- American College of Veterinary Surgeons Surgical Residence Program (BEMC 2007)
- Equine surgery
- Performance horse sports medicine
- Internal medicine
- Comprehensive preventive care